The Westmeadows Tavern (or Ol' Broady Pub ?) - excellent customer service, great family atmosphere and above average pub-grub, so lets break it down...
It's a quaint little pub with good decor, a semi-old pub feel that has been refurbished well with that sense of history that if you pulled up a bar stool, one of the locals would be happy to tell a "back in the day" story. (you could probably even picture how it would have looked in the 50's, not that the modernisation has let it down at all). It's the local, but it's history is well represented with many Blue Stone landmarks around the close area from pre 1930.
Customer Service (Restaurant):
Ordering is at the bar - No issue, as is common with pubs. It was a Sunday Lunch - overall not that busy.
You are fronted with a maître d's pillar to wait, and within seconds a very friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful service attendant greeted us and sat us down to our reserved table.
Menus were offered for review immediately and politely.
Minor negative, The request for drinks were offered, but a bottle of chilled water was not provided to the table as a default while we waited for our other guests. I then requested this from the bar and they were more than happy to provide it to the table; outstanding, ty.
We ordered in pairs and the order was submitted together to the kitchen. Great work!
Entre (Garlic Bread, cheese and plain) was delivered within 10 minutes and mains 15-20 minutes after, excellent!
Table was bussed and cleared respectful and quickly, and we were asked if the food was okay. Big Plus!
Average cost was about $18-$24 unless you want a steak dish.
Order: Chicken Parma, Seafood Marinara, Beer Battered Fish & Chips, Roast of the Day (seniors menu), Caesar Salad. (see pictures)
- C Parma - Delicious, couldn't fault it! The chicken cooked amazingly, was a good thickness and breadcrumbs weren't over used, Napoli sauce was sweet but full of tomato & herbs and the ham was smoked and flavourful complementing the cheese.
- Seafood Marinara - beautifully rich sauce, pasta was cooked al dente - lovely.
- BB Fish & Chips - Sauce on the side really brought out the extra flavour in dish.
- Roast of the Day - Roast Chicken, not really impressed for a seniors meal, was just on average.
- Caesar Salad - It would have been better to have the dressing on the side so I could limit the use; the pre-mix just killed the dish cause it was just too much dressing.
The relaxed environment and open bistro area did provide an amazing family feel where everyone could be themselves and enjoy good conversation over some great pub-grub! If you are looking for a good family dinner or a place where mates can catch up for a bite and a few drinks! Look no further!